Shopify stores are finding huge opportunities using push notification marketing. Web push notifications transform traffic into sales, turn first-time customers into repeat customers and lead your “window” shoppers (pun intended) back to your site. When it comes to re-engaging your site visitors, push notifications are a strategy your store can’t afford to miss out on.
As more merchants are discovering the endless benefits of push, the number of apps offering push notification marketing for Shopify stores has multiplied. To help simplify your lives by saving you hours of research, we’ve created a list of the top Shopify apps providing push notifications and compared them. See which provider works best for your ecommerce store:
- Pushnami is free to install and all stores receive 1500 subscribers for free forever
- All new users receive a 30-day free trial of Pushnami’s Premium plan ( (if installed through the Shopify app store)
- Premium: $49-$249 per month (up to 70,000 subscribers) *monthly charge based on active subscriber count*
The Shopify and Pushnami integration lets Shopify merchants use Shopify’s cart, purchase and discount code data to create personalized push notifications that engage shoppers, reduce browse and cart abandonment and capture up-sell and cross-sell opportunities. Additionally, Pushnami boasts the first ecommerce recommendation engine for web push notifications. Recommendation Engine proactively sends notifications with related products shoppers are most likely to buy next, based on machine learning technology. Pushnami supports full promotional and flash sale campaigns, allowing you to send time-limited offers and deals to your subscribers. When it comes to automation, all bases are covered:
- Funnel automations
- Engagement automations
- Repeat sales automations
It just works! Simply install, enable our one-click automations to get started and tap into Pushnomics and work with your dedicated account manager on strategy. You don’t have the time to slave over the particulars, so why spend hours you don’t have setting things up? Let Pushnami do the heavy lifting.
- $19/month plan: up to 10,000 impressions
- $38/month plan: up to 20,000 impressions
- $57/month plan: up to 30,000 impressions
- Enterprise plan: this is customized for enterprise-level customers
PushOwl provides a wide range of message types, including welcome pushes, abandoned cart campaigns, price drop messages and back-in-stock pushes for competitive pricing. Integration engineers are available to help with setup. Analytics and reporting aren’t available on PushOwl’s plans..
Get help by phone or email, or via the 24/7 chat support agents. Let dedicated strategy managers provide you with detailed advice on how to best use push notifications.
- Starter plan: $49.99/month for 10,000 push subscribers
- Plus plan: $99/month for 50,000 push subscribers
- Pro plan: $199/month for 10,0000 push subscribers
- Enterprise plan: $299/month for unlimited push subscribers
Aimtell offers a selection of message types for all stages of funnel abandonment. They provide price drop, back-in-stock messages, as well as messages related to the shipping process. Browse abandonment is not available.
Triggered campaigns allow users to quickly set up relevant, personalized campaigns.
- Free plan: up to 1,000 subscribers
- $9 per month + $3 per 1000 subscribers after that.
Segment your audience and incorporate detailed media inside your notifications, all on the free plan. Grow your store now and pay later on. Browse abandonment and recommendation engines are not available with OneSignal.
Robust analytics and reporting allow users to analyze important metrics like click-through rates to make data-driven decisions.
Smart Push Marketing
- Basic plan: $9.99 month for 1,000 push subscribers
- Business plan: $29.99/month for 10,000 push subscribers
- Advanced plan: $79.99/month for 25,000 push subscribers
- Plus plan: $149.99/month for 50,000 push subscribers
Smart Push Marketing (SPM) offers tons of messages dedicated to abandoned cart recovery. You’ll have to settle for the basics when it comes to reporting as conversions, revenue generation, ROI and click-through rate aren’t available inside SPM.
Discount code generation
- Free plan: up to 1,000 web pushes
- $29/month: 15,000 web pushes
- $38/month: 20,000 web pushes
- $48/month: 25,000 web pushes
- $57/month: 30,000 web pushes
Custom enterprise plans: available to high-volume merchants looking to send more than 30,000 web pushes per month
Firepush gives users in all tiers reporting tools to ensure that push campaigns are as effective as possible. They also offer discount codes and countdown timers. Browse abandonment and recommendation engines are not available.
Firepush packages include email marketing and Facebook Messenger. SMS marketing is also available.
What to look for in your push app
- Apps that offer free packages so you can try it before you buy it
- A short and easy setup time
- Advanced opt-in solutions (a high-quality subscriber base is necessary for a successful marketing strategy)
- Automations like welcome notifications, shipping updates and browse/cart abandonment notifications
- Promotional flash sale support
Long story short? Pushnami has everything you need in a web push app. Simply install through the Shopify app, activate your free trial (no credit card required) and turn on the automations to see the magic that is push. Pushnami—it just works.