LeatherUp Customer Profile
LeatherUp.com sells leather jackets, vests, helmets, and motorcycle boots online with a factory direct policy that saves customers significant money off retail prices. With over 25 years experience in the leather business and over 1.5 million customers, LeatherUp has carved out a strong foothold in the online leather e-commerce space.
“We chose to go with Pushnami in order to capture additional abandoned cart sales. Having an AI-powered solution that optimized messaging for us was also important, and Pushnami has delivered on their value proposition on both fronts.” — Patrick Turner
60% of LeatherUp’s purchases are from returning customers, so they not only want to capitalize on new customers, but re-engage current customers to drive repeat business. With Amazon capturing around 50% of the e-commerce market, it’s a challenge to get in front of consumers in search results and social media channels. LeatherUp needed a way to differentiate and capture attention from both of these audiences.
- 60% of LeatherUp.com’s purchases are from returning customers, so engagement is key with this segment
- Amazon owns 50% of the e-commerce market, so LeatherUp has to break through the clutter and stand out to attract new business
With Pushnami’s web-based push notifications, LeatherUp is able to now capture abandoned cart sales that would have otherwise been lost. The web-based push notification implementation targets users that have not purchased after receiving an abandoned cart email reminder. This extra nudge has helped drive additional revenue in the tens of thousands of dollars for LeatherUp.
LeatherUp has also been able to grow their subscriber base steadily week to week with the ease of one-click subscriptions on their site. No email addresses are necessary to connect with their potential and current customers while they are online. Sending promotions becomes easy when users can sign up with little to no effort, and this has yielded an additional promotional channel for LeatherUp to sell through.
- Conversion rates over 6.5% for additional abandoned cart reminders
- Tens of thousands in incremental revenue that wouldn’t have been captured via traditional abandoned cart emails
- Multi-channel marketing is essential for success.
- Data collection is key to serving multiple customer bases.
- 100% instant deliverability helped drive conversions